October 29, 2021
Does my costume need a cooling vest?
Have a great costume but don’t want to end up a hot sweaty mess at the end of the night? You might need a cooling vest. Check your costume against our handy guide to see if you need a cooling vest or coat with your costume.
You might have seen a ThermApparel Cooling Vest in action and didn't even know it!
Did you know many Movies and TV shows with fall and winter scenes are filmed in July and August in 90˚F+ hot Atlanta, California, Florida heat? Yup! Can you imagine wearing a winter coat and boots in the middle of summer? Sometimes they need cooling because of the costume, like the actors and actresses that wear real fire fighting gear in Station 19.
The ThermApparel Cooling Vests have been used by actors and actresses in these exact situations. We have been lucky to help actors and actresses keep their cool in:
You don't have to be a big time star to benefit from a ThermApparel Cooling Vest. Get one for your Halloween costume, Community Theatre Production, College Theatre, High School Mascot or Santa suit.
Have questions about bulk orders for all your actors and actresses? Give us a call. 855-232-7233
What sizes do you have?
We have 7 sizes - XXS - XXL. Check our sizing page for all sizing info and a video explaining how to get the correct fit.
- Sizing is based on your natural waist, not your hips or pant size.
- You will a smaller size than you think.
- UnderCool needs to fit your body like a glove to give you the best cooling support.
- If you fall in between the 2 sizes order the smaller size.
- If you need help with sizing give us a call 855-232-7233. We are happy to help.
How do I order a cooling vest?
- Go to our shop page, select your size and cooling pack type, enter your address and credit card info and we will ship it to you.
- If you need help placing an order give us a call 855-232-7233. We are happy to take phone orders.
How do ThermApparel Cooling Vests keep me cool under my costume?
Our cooling vest is a PCM Cooling Vest, not gel or ice. PCM works better than gel and ice. Why is that and why is it important?
- When your body is hot your blood vessels open up to allow heat to be released. In other words, you sweat and when air hits your sweat it cools your body down.
- Ice and Gel Packs cause blood vessels to constrict, preventing cooled blood from reaching your core. Ice is wonderful for cooling down a specific part of your body or bringing down swelling, but it doesn't cool your entire body. There is a reason doctors say 20 min on and 20 min off with ice packs. You need your blood vessels to open back up to allow the blood to start flowing again.
- ThermApparel PCM Cooling Packs cools the blood without constricting your blood vessels. As your blood flows past the PCM Cooling Packs they cool your blood and your body keeps pumping cool blood through your system keeping your whole body cool.
Will it be comfortable while seated?
- YES! Pilots and race car drivers have worn our product with great results. It's so comfortable, most people forget they have it on.
- Santa's wear our product when they are talking to kids in the hot malls.
Will it interfere with the sizing of my costume?
Because our cooling packs are in the lower back area and are worn directly against the skin and its low profile design It won't cause you to need a larger size than you normally wear.
Will anyone know I am wearing it?
Unless you are wearing something super skin tight... as Julia's grandmother would say "That's so tight you couldn't hide a peanut in that dress." Nope. UnderCool has a velcro closure in front and with it's low profile design it won't add any bulk to your costume. The cooling packs are in the back so no one will notice.
How long will it keep me cool?
UnderCool will last for 90 min to 3 hours depending on your choice of pack.
SlimCool Packs last 1-2 hours
ExtendedCool Packs last 2-3 hours.
If you need it to last longer the packs can be refrozen and placed back in the vest, or you can purchase additional cooling packs and swap them when needed. Tip and Trick for quick switch out.
The cooling packs can be doubled up in the vest to make them last longer, but this will add a little more weight and bulk to the vest on your back.
The unique thing about our packs is their recharging time and ability. Check out our tech.
- ice water in 20 min
- freezer in 40 min
- fridge in 60 min
The frozen cooling packs can be placed in an insulated cooler and they will stay cold for a few hours until you need to switch.
It's not about feeling cold. It's about feeling good.
ThermApparel is a small business making big waves in the heat sensitivity world by designing the first lightweight, comfortable and invisible cooling vest, UnderCool. Check us out online, on our blog, or on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Please let us know if you have any other questions or ideas in the comments below, we will follow up. You can always reach us via:
Live Chat - www.thermapparel.com | Email - firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone - 855-232-7233 | Address: ThermApparel LLC. 40 Franklin St. 4th Floor, Rochester, NY 14620
#thermapparel #undercool #coolingvest #themoreyouknow #benefitsofacoolingvest #tipsandtricks #coolingpack #coolingpacks #coolingvestforactors #coolingvestforactresses #coolingvestforcostumes #costumes #costume #costumes #costumeparty #costumedesign #costumeideas #costumecontest #costumedesigner #costumer #costumeplay #costumemaking #costumeidea #costumeshop #costumelingerie #costumemade #costumefun #cosplay #costumeideasforhalloween #costumeinspiration #costumeday #Halloween #halloweencostume #Halloween2019 #halloweenparty #halloweentime #halloweenfun #halloweennight #halloweenideas #halloweencostumes #halloweenvibes #halloweenlook #Santa #santasuit #santacostuume #bnnycostme #easterbunnycostme