January 31, 2022
Not using your ThermApparel UnderCool Cooling Vest during the winter months?
Wondering about proper storage? We've got you covered.
Even though it's cold outside you still can overheat when you exercise, shovel snow or play with the kids and your Cooling Vest will help your fatigue levels and cog fog attacks. But, if you just don't use your Cooling Vest during the winter months here is the best way to store it until you need it again.
STORING YOUR COOLING PACKS FOR LONG TERM STORAGE
- Take the Cooling Packs out of the UnderCool Vest Garment.
- Put the Cooling Packs into a plastic bag. A plastic grocery sack or a ziploc works great. (we have one customer that uses a plastic bacon box.)
- Store the Cooling Packs in your fridge or freezer. You can leave the Cooling Packs in the fridge or freezer for an indefinite amount of time. It will not hurt them and is the best way to store them when not in use.
What if I don't have a plastic bag?
You can store the Cooling Packs in the fridge or freezer without the plastic bag. The plastic bag is helpful to keep all your Cooling Packs together in one place so you don't lose them and they won't get stuck to a long forgotten frozen tasty snack in the way back.
Can I use a box?
Yes, you can use any type of container that works with your freezer or fridge.
STORING YOUR UNDERCOOL VEST GARMENT FOR LONG TERM STORAGE
- Remove the Cooling Packs (see above for cooling pack storage)
- Wash the UnderCool Vest Garment - either by hand or washing machine
- Air dry - don't use the dryer
- Store with your exercise clothing, swimsuits, or other summer attire so you will be able to find it when the warm weather arrives.
Can I leave my vest in the fridge or freezer?
Yes you can. The cold doesn't hurt the vest garment but with long term storage the garment can absorb freezer odors and get ice burn if it's not in a bag.
Avoid using a hanger for long term storage as it will make the UnderCool Vest Garment stretch over time.
HOW TO GET YOUR COOLING PACKS OUT OF STORAGE FOR SUMMER USE
- Locate your Cooling Packs in the depth of the freezer or fridge. (This is also a good time to do a quick inventory of freezer food in preparation of BBQ season!)
- Check for frozen tasty snacks stuck to the Cooling Packs, then choose the appropriate course of action below.
- No frozen tasty snacks attached - Slide them into your UnderCool Vest Garment and you are good to go.
- Yes there is a frozen tasty snack attached - Rinse the Cooling Packs with warm water until all frozen tasty snacks are gone. Squish flat and refreeze your Cooling Packs (tip: try the plastic bag trick)
My Cooling Packs are in funny, lumpy shapes. What do I do now?
If your Cooling Packs are in funny shapes - run them under warm water until they are squishy. Reshape to lay flat and refreeze. Wait 60 min. then slide them into your UnderColl Vest Garment and you are good to go.
ThermApparel is a small business making big waves in the heat sensitivity world by designing the first lightweight, comfortable and invisible cooling vest, UnderCool. Check us out online, on our blog, or on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Please let us know if you have any other questions or ideas in the comments below, we will follow up. You can always reach us via:
Live Chat - www.thermapparel.com | Email - email@example.com | Phone - 855-232-7233 | Address: ThermApparel LLC. 40 Franklin St. 4th Floor, Rochester, NY 14620
#thermapparel #undercool #coolingvest #themoreyouknow #benefitsofacoolingvest #storingacoolingvest #storage #coolingpacks