March 15, 2017
Staying Warm = Staying Safe
Here at ThermApparel we usually busy ourselves with keeping people cool so they can go out and enjoy outdoor activities. However, this winter storm has us singing a different tune. Upstate New York has been declared in a state of emergency and a city-wide travel ban has been placed on Rochester. It's important to take these events seriously to avoid accidents or other tragedies.
Here are some general tips to stay safe during a winter storm:
- Stay indoors--- if you must venture outside, dress warmly in multiple layers and cover your nose, ears, and hands
- Don't drive--- just don't. The snow is projected to fall faster than the city can clear and visibility will be low. If you MUST drive then completely clear your vehicle of snow and ice and keep your tank as full as possible. Drive slowly and remain on alert. Do not travel alone.
- Prepare for the worst--- have candles and other emergency supplies on hand in case the power goes out.
- Treat yourself--- eat and drink regularly to stay refreshed and hydrated. And it helps keep your body warm!
After the storm:
- Do not overwork yourself! Take breaks while shoveling or contact a service to shovel for you.
- Avoid driving until the roads are clear again.
- Call your neighbors to make sure they're okay!
ThermApparel is a small business making big waves in the heat sensitivity world by designing the first lightweight, comfortable and invisible cooling vest, UnderCool. Check us out online, on our blog, or on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Please let us know if you have any other questions or ideas in the comments below, we will follow up. You can always reach us via:
Live Chat - www.thermapparel.com | Email - email@example.com | Phone - 855-232-7233 | Address: ThermApparel LLC. 40 Franklin St. 4th Floor, Rochester, NY 14620
#chronicillness #spoonie #spoonielife #nowican #ms #mswarrior #lupus #fibro #thermapparel #undercool #coolingvest #themoreyouknow #benefitsofacoolingvest #tipsandtricks #coolingpack #coolingpacks