June 30, 2020
In a previous blog, we talked about overheating and protective facemasks, the importance of keeping cool while wearing a protective mask, and a Coronavirus Sumer Toolkit.
What is a Coronavirus Summer Toolkit? All the essential items needed to keep you safe this summer. Here's what's in ours.
1. UnderCool Cooling Vest
Our choice, the Festival Bundle with ExtendedCool Cooling Packs in men's or women's
The Festival Bundle is 1 vest with 2 sets of cooling packs. We like this one the best because when your first set of ExtendedCooling Packs wears out you can switch them out with your backup set and your ready for 2-3 more hours of cooling time. This saves your time from having to wait for the cooling packs to recharge, you can continue your summer activities.
2. Protective Mask
The CDC recommends cloth face coverings to help slow the spread of COVID-19. Our choice is a cloth face mask that covers your nose and mouth and is secure under your chin. It should fit snugly against the sides of your face and double check to make sure you can breathe easily with it on. Our pick is the cloth masks made by one of our customers. Sally Forth Supply Co. Julia and Kurtis have a set and they really like them!
- CDC recommends that people wear cloth face coverings in public settings and when around people outside of their household, especially when other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.
- Cloth face coverings may help prevent people who have COVID-19 from spreading the virus to others.
- Cloth face coverings are most likely to reduce the spread of COVID-19 when they are widely used by people in public settings.
- Cloth face coverings should NOT be worn by children under the age of 2 or anyone who has trouble breathing, is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance
You can watch this video from the CDC on tips for making your own cloth face mask.
The CDC recommends wearing gloves when you are cleaning or caring for someone who is sick. Our pick are gloves that fit snugly on your hand and don't slip down from your wrist. According to the CDC you don't need gloves when you are using a shopping cart or the ATM, but we think it's always a good idea to at least have 1 pair with you just in case you need them.
4. Hand Sanitizer
Not all hand sanitizers are created equal! Make sure to look at the label before you purchase. Our pick and according to the CDC make sure to use a hand sanitizer that is at least 60% alcohol. We recommend having a small bottle of it in your toolkit and refill as necessary.
The above are the 4 essential things you need in your Coronavirus Summer Toolkit to help you beat the heat. Below are a few other items you might want to consider including.
1. Lightweight, light-colored clothing
2. Bottle of water to help keep you hydrated, drink water even if you are not feeling thirsty.
3. Sunscreen! Minimum SPF 15 applied 30 min prior to going outside. Tip - look for sunscreens that say “broad spectrum” or “UVA/UVB protection” on their labels.
4. Hat to protect you from the extra heat of the summer
Most importantly learn the signs and symptoms of heat-related illnesses and have a safe and cool summer!
Did you see our feature on Fox Rochester WUHF this morning?! Thank you to 13 WHAM ABC for having us! We loved chatting with Matt about how the UnderCool helps people keep cool, while wearing a mask this summer!
From our humble origins we have been striving to help people live active, comfortable, and safe lives. In a time like this we all need more help and we hope this information on masks and the pitfalls of their use can help. Remember that if you are overheating you can also make sure to stay a safe distance from others to remove your mask and take water breaks and switch out your cooling packs.
Stay safe, stay healthy, stay happy.
Julia, Kurtis, Brad
ThermApparel is a small business making big waves in the heat sensitivity world by designing the first lightweight, comfortable and invisible cooling vest, UnderCool. Check us out online, on our blog, or on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Please let us know if you have any other questions or ideas in the comments below, we will follow up. You can always reach us via:
Live Chat - www.thermapparel.com | Email - email@example.com | Phone - 855-232-7233 | Address: ThermApparel LLC. 40 Franklin St. 4th Floor, Rochester, NY 14604
#chronicillness #spoonie #spoonielife #nowican #ms #mswarrior #thermapparel #undercool #coolingvest #themoreyouknow #TheMoreYouKnowTheBetterItGets #ThermApparel #UnderCool #CoolingVest #FoxRochester #GoodDayRochester #13Wham