June 10, 2021
Cooling Vests reduce the effects of heat stress and heat related illness.
How does a cooling vest work?
It depends on which kind of vet you have but generally all cooling vests are designed to keep the body’s core temperature within safe levels to reduce symptoms of heat intolerance. The vest absorbs body heat and conducts cooler temperatures to the body through the skin. and the arteries, cooling the blood circulating in the body
There are 2 main types of cooling vests. (fyi. ThermApparel is a Passive Cooling Vest.)
- Active cooling: requires an electricity source to operate the equipment that circulates air through the vest.
- Passive cooling: portable with no working components (e.g. gel inserts and ice packs, phase change – non-freezing, cooling liquid in packs, embedded hydrogel crystals, and evaporative cooling – best in low humidity/arid environments).
Benefits of wearing a cooling vest.
- Reduces fatigue for better concentration and shorter recovery
- Reduces skin temps while maintaining stable core temp
- Slows dehydration by conserving fluid that would normally be lost through sweating
- Allows more blood to be sent back to the muscles prolonging high level performance.
The cooling vest should be worn in warm-to-hot conditions or when you're going to do something physical. The vest can help keep you cool up to 3 hours when worn correctly, although this can depend on the ambient temperature, and your level of activity.
How do I use the cooling vest?
Cool it. Wear it. Love it.
- Quickly charge the cooling packs in the fridge, freezer or ice water.
- Cooling packs provide about 1-3 hours of oh-so-sweet cooling.
- Slip the cooling packs into the vest and wear under your outer layer of clothing.
- Before ordering, check out our sizing guide to find your best.
- Take UnderCool for a spin in and out of the garden with our 60 day return policy.
- Rechargeable cooling packs mean you can look forward to gardening again and again.
It's also helpful to wear your cooling vest 30 minutes prior to physical activity and is more effective when worn against your skin, under your clothing.
Our friend Dave Bexfield of ActiveMSers has an excellent summary of many different cooling vests that are available now. He does a great job explaining the different kinds of cooling vests and reviews over 20 individual cooling vests.
ThermApparel is a small business making big waves in the heat sensitivity world by designing the first lightweight, comfortable and invisible cooling vest, UnderCool. Check us out online, on our blog, or on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Please let us know if you have any other questions or ideas in the comments below, we will follow up. You can always reach us via:
Live Chat - www.thermapparel.com | Email - firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone - 855-232-7233 | Address: ThermApparel LLC. 125 Tech Park Dr. Rochester, NY 14620
#chronicillness #spoonie #spoonielife #nowican #ms #mswarrior #lupus #fibro #thermapparel #undercool #coolingvest #themoreyouknow
#summer #heatsensitivity #heat #coolingvest #extremeheat #heatawareness #chronicconditions #chronicillness #heatstroke #heatexhaustion #spoonie #ms #fibro #lupus
#summer #heatsensitivity #heat #coolingvest #extremeheat #thermapparel #undercool #heatawareness #heatrelatedillness #heatstress #benefitsofacoolingvest #activecooling #passivecooling